Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The facet of betrayal adds a touch of anger and a dash of emotions paving its way into the hearts of millions as they remember their friends and the happy times they have spent together. Though in the process of involvements in daily chores folks tend to leave alone such poignant happenings as something that’s by gone, but at the end of the day when all work is done and leisure sets in people tend to remember their friends who might have hurt them or betrayed them at some point of time.


Merriam-Webster defines betrayal as "to fail or desert especially in time of need." 

One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope. - Steven Deitz

We have to distrust each other. It is our only defence against betrayal. - Tennessee Williams

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. - Arthur Miller

Anything may be betrayed, anyone may be forgiven, but not those who lack the courage of their own greatness. - Ayn Rand

Betrayal can only happen if you love. - John Le Carre

Trust can take years to build, but only a second to break. - Anonymous

To betray you must first belong. - Harold Philby

Every betrayal contains a perfect moment, a coin stamped heads or tails with salvation on the other side. - Barbara Kingsolver

There are only really a few stories to tell in the end, and betrayal and the failure of love is one of those good stories to tell. - Sean Lennon

Love is what ever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love. -John LeCarre

The day you betrayed my trust was the day that I lost all my trust for you. I believed that you would take care of my heart and that's why I left it with you. Well, I am taking it back because at this very moment I can't trust you with my heart in fear that you will hurt me once more. -Unknown

If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. -Edward M Foster

It breaks my heart; it makes me sad to think of all the times we had. You made me laugh and you made me cry. And all that I can do is sigh and wonder why. -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment